Home

RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2018, 12:18 AM   #169
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M18 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Rushing was a bit low the first couple weeks of the season. Have raised RBK to 61. Everything else the same.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 02-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #170
Rookie

Hello Aestis!

I'm from Germany and i played in a few 32-man CFM leagues since M17. But as you mentioned: all 6-/7-min. Quarter Leagues are arcade-style.
Since I will move soon, I had to drastically reduce my playing time. So i did quit all my leagues last week. since I had enough of the whole youtube plays/arcade style anyway, that is not inconvenient.
So i want to go all sim ... in Germany :-D The NFL-Hype-Train is rolling. But most guys play MUT and/or play CFMs with unadjusted gameplay sliders.
Currently, I'm thinking hard about how a league might look like that gives you the real NFL feel. As soon as the concept stands, I will start it sometime in the next few months to find people or to get people excited about the idea. The "real" league start will then be at Madden 19. Madden 18 will be used as a test phase.
I have 1 1/2 year experience as a commissioner. I don't know if i will be able to find 31 other guys for a 32 man league. But i hope so. As far as I know, this will probably be the first real SIM league in Germany.

Your XP-Sliders sound very promising!

I'm just a bit worried about the game time per game. How long does an average game last for you?

I've already got a few people excited about my league idea. They will still want to play 2-3 arcade leagues as they play there with certain people for 2-3 years. Many players like me (I'm 37 years old) have family and a job. There is therefore little playing time in the evenings. My league would be something like the German Afterwork Football League ;-) I really like the name very well.

I have some more questions:
- Is your league running in Slow oder in Normal speed? In your league rules i found "normal", in your gameplay sliders you always use "slow"
- Why do you sim every second season? What's the reason? Is the draft also simulated and contract extensions?

Greetings from Germany!

Stephan
Old 02-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #171
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilled_rooster
Hello Aestis!

I'm from Germany and i played in a few 32-man CFM leagues since M17. But as you mentioned: all 6-/7-min. Quarter Leagues are arcade-style.
Since I will move soon, I had to drastically reduce my playing time. So i did quit all my leagues last week. since I had enough of the whole youtube plays/arcade style anyway, that is not inconvenient.
So i want to go all sim ... in Germany :-D The NFL-Hype-Train is rolling. But most guys play MUT and/or play CFMs with unadjusted gameplay sliders.
Currently, I'm thinking hard about how a league might look like that gives you the real NFL feel. As soon as the concept stands, I will start it sometime in the next few months to find people or to get people excited about the idea. The "real" league start will then be at Madden 19. Madden 18 will be used as a test phase.
I have 1 1/2 year experience as a commissioner. I don't know if i will be able to find 31 other guys for a 32 man league. But i hope so. As far as I know, this will probably be the first real SIM league in Germany.

Your XP-Sliders sound very promising!

I'm just a bit worried about the game time per game. How long does an average game last for you?

I've already got a few people excited about my league idea. They will still want to play 2-3 arcade leagues as they play there with certain people for 2-3 years. Many players like me (I'm 37 years old) have family and a job. There is therefore little playing time in the evenings. My league would be something like the German Afterwork Football League ;-) I really like the name very well.

I have some more questions:
- Is your league running in Slow oder in Normal speed? In your league rules i found "normal", in your gameplay sliders you always use "slow"
- Why do you sim every second season? What's the reason? Is the draft also simulated and contract extensions?

Greetings from Germany!

Stephan

Sent you a long DM, very cool and good luck. To answer the additional questions here:

- We are on Slow. I keep this thread updated, didn't even realize I had settings still listed on our rules page, my bad! This could change Madden to Madden.
- I expanded on why we sim every other season in the DM, there are a number of reasons, but our league is a 72h advance league, but team building is a big part of why we enjoy 32-man CFMs. So we want to get more seasons in. Simming every other season allows us to get deep into the file and allows long-time members to confidently pick bad teams to begin the cycle knowing they have the time & resources to rebuild the team.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 04:12 PM   #172
Rookie

So i tested your sliders for the first time against CPU. Was also the first time i played All Madden. But honestly it felt good.
Game ended 13:12 for me. Game had 111 Snaps in total. My Oline is not the best (a lot of rookies to grow up) and except for PBK all CPU Sliders were on 50.
Both teams ended with 214 offensiv yards. Turnovers 3-2. 3rd down Conversions 42% and 40%. QB Complition: 55% (Garoppolo) for me und 65% for Trubisky (CPU).

Looking forward to test your sliders with a friend for a few games. Should work better than against CPU.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #173
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grilled_rooster
So i tested your sliders for the first time against CPU. Was also the first time i played All Madden. But honestly it felt good.
Game ended 13:12 for me. Game had 111 Snaps in total. My Oline is not the best (a lot of rookies to grow up) and except for PBK all CPU Sliders were on 50.
Both teams ended with 214 offensiv yards. Turnovers 3-2. 3rd down Conversions 42% and 40%. QB Complition: 55% (Garoppolo) for me und 65% for Trubisky (CPU).

Looking forward to test your sliders with a friend for a few games. Should work better than against CPU.

111 snaps is pretty good. NFL avg is 128 but it's tough to get more than a ~112-115 avg without games stretching really long. Sounds like a pretty defensive game.

I will say, the sliders I have posted, I don't really look at how well they work in CPU games. I would guess that playing offense is about right, but you may want to look into some CPU defense sliders. Charter's are similar-ish and were what I based ours on. But we have only like 2-3 CPU games total over the course of an entire season so it's something I 100% ignore.

INTs will be the thing you & others have the hardest time with. 25% of it is Madden stuff, but 75% is user error. And it's user error that Madden has not historically punished, so guys can get cranky about it.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 02-21-2018, 07:44 PM   #174
Just started!

How would these work in a one-team controlled CFM? These seem interesting and I want to try them but I don't have an online league to join.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:41 AM   #175
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballerbrand420
How would these work in a one-team controlled CFM? These seem interesting and I want to try them but I don't have an online league to join.

Not entirely sure to be honest. I'd probably look for a set that has high (80+) SPD disparity on All Madden difficulty with coverage not cranked too low (say, <40). Those are the three key levers that create the experience and make aggressive passing tough, allow for man coverage to be viable, etc. In a way, everything else is merely adjusting around those 3 things. So my personal recommendation is to use someone else's set, but look for an All Madden set with high SPD disparity/threshold and with coverage & pass D reaction time sliders at 40-50+.

Commissioner
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2018, 11:09 AM   #176
Rookie

seanjohn404's Arena

Curious what the sliders should look like for 32/32 playing 8 minute quarters. We play 8-10 seasons and advancing every 24-32 hrs and we averaged a season every 30-35 days. XP seems high because we already have a lot of 99 FMV, PMV, ZCV, CTH etc players with no change from default XP sliders. We have already had people breaking sack, rushing, Etc records and totals for season with close to default sliders(PBK is already 65 and RBK turned down to 40) so hesitant to turn up.

http://www.daddyleagues.com/psfl

Look at stats for previous seasons but also want to point out we never had a WR or QB win OPOY or MVP (always a RB) So would like to see that happen more often without dumbing down pass defense too much

Last edited by seanjohn404; 03-03-2018 at 11:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »