View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #14
khaliib
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Rex's Reflections on Madden 18 and the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Another note from this was inside the AI change comment he mentions that ratings kind of get the job done, but there needs to be more to differentiate and such. This is something the community has been interested in for a long time and should be happy to hear that there is interest in going beyond just ratings for players.
Thanks T4VERTS for presenting an interview style that actually allows them to feel comfortable to speak, which can reveal a lot of info if one really listens.

Not if because I know they will do many more interviews with you, but when you do another interview a major area that rarely gets brought up that Madden struggles with and I believe is a key clog into the Replayability of their Core CFM Users is “Customization”.

I don’t know if it’s Legacy issues, feature stability or what, but the one thing other Sports games have at the heart of any comparison discussion against Madden, is that they invest heavily into Customization element to allow the end User to do some things to create that Replayablilty themselves.
- something simple like a User Custom Cam
- providing a color pallet mechanism to adjust Relocation Team colors etc.
- Global Ratings and/or equipment Editor

Madden just lacks in this area to its detriment compared to every other sports title, both past and present.

When I say Customization, I’m speaking of the genre standards more so than some of the elaborate wishes that many tend to request.

A greater “ User Sandbox” has to be injected into CFM going forward, even if it’s done as CDL’s.