Old 02-27-2018, 04:06 PM   #95
triplechin
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Rex's Reflections on Madden 18 and the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Well, part of the problem is that there is no such thing as a "real" progression system in the NFL. Nobody builds anything that takes more then three years. One or maybe two good draft classes and a few smart FA signings is the difference between 5-11 and 11-5 in the NFL. The average career for an NFL player is over and done in maybe 4 seasons.... And I'm sure the median career length is even less than that.... and if they do actually last longer than that, chances are they walk in FA. The truly realistic system would be consistent regression for a decent majority of players from basically the moment they enter the league.

As far as team building.... if you can live without "real" NFL players ... look at some of the XP slider threads here... or just turn XP down to 30% across the board and then sim 10 years into the future. It's a noticeably different experience in progression / team building. I'm playing a modified 60% XP setting now based on TDawg's thread... and I think the challenge level is higher and player skill levels are much more closely packed together. I'm probably going to drop down to 30% with a new CFM in a another season or two once my current rebuild is complete.
IMO since we are playing from a Coach's/GM's point of view in franchise, we should have a weighted chaotic potential system, but if you are interested in discussing that further I'd suggest reading my progression post as I detail my ideas there.

I'm intrigued by the idea of not playing with "real" players if it brings a nice balance along with the XP sliders but I have not bought Madden this year as I couldn't make it through another CFM. Appreciate the thought though.

I agree with Deuce in that there is a distinct split between the sim crowd's idea of progression and what features they want and the competitive crowd so it is definitely not the easiest thing to solve. I am a fan of having a seasons mode that is less detailed and can have an XP system or something for the comp crowd while the franchise mode has real progression and is centered on realism, but my hopes for anything like that happening are not high.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove