MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Does madden want a realistic game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Absolutely not. They said it in trailer: “a football game for everyone.”

Not football fans. Everyone.

I’ve tested sliders and have bounced back and forth between All-Pro and All-Madden. All-Pro hardly offers a challenge to me, while All-Madden is rife with egregious rubber banding. So you’re telling me I can’t throw to a RB five yards past the LOS without throwing three feet above his head? Lol, okay.

It feels like there’s no balance between gameplay styles or difficulties. I can break the Passing Yard record game in, game out on one difficulty but in another, every CB has superhuman abilities? Get outta here.

So no. Until they get rid of this awful physics engine and apathetic dev team, Madden will remain an unrealistic game for the casual NFL fan and sports gamer.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I don't consider the state of the game quite this bad... but I've been saying since at least M11/12 that the AI either needs to be tightened or further segmented or something to allow for a difficulty that falls somewhere between All-Pro and All-Madden. Seems like the majority of the traffic on the slider forums is going for precisely that goal.

While a lot of the issues are at the very core of the game design and are never truly going to be fixed until that core is rebuilt from the ground up... There are glimmers of hope... When the CPU has smart play calling, a lot of the other warts become easier to live with. I've played a handful of games in my current All-Pro based CFM where the CPU calls a great game, mixes up play calls, etc. Problem is that those are too few and far between.
Advertisements - Register to remove