View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 06:58 PM   #8
GaloVingador
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 Full Manual Realistic Sliders

My thoughts so far:

The "AI not wanting to only sprint" is not a result of any sliders, just Pro difficulty doing what Pro difficulty does well. I just haven't noticed yet how decent of a job it does.

If you want to see the CPU playing with proper build-up, back passes, side passes, some variety, you have to play on Pro, there's no way around it. World Class and Legendary are broken. Driven passes and sprinting forward all the time. Every diagonal pass is forwards, even when it's not the best option.

The only problem is Pro is poor at keeping possession and being dangerous, which makes the game too easy. World Class play quality + Pro play style would make a very decent AI, it's a shame we can't have that. But I'll see what can be done with sliders.

Anyway, I found slider settings that make the game flow in the way I enjoy, which is much more contained and scores good realism points. And manual passing is a joy, lots of control. I was afraid lowering sprint speed too much could break animations, but I haven't noticed it.

Sprint Speed: 39
Acceleration: 50
Pass Speed: 45
Pass Error: 48 (user)
Marking: 47

And I take back my words about extremely low run frequency. The base gameplay is just too strongly tweaked towards futkids' preferences. I lowered RF all the way down to zero and still at least a couple of players start a run as soon as their team gets possession, a non-realistic behaviour.

If the RF slider stretched into negative points, I would use them. But we do what we can do, so...

Run Frequency: 0

And I also take my words back for when I said fullbacks get crazy at any value 52 or above. I don't know, this may be related to low RF, but I felt a need to raise their slider to 55 with these new settings, otherwise I wouldn't see any urge of them to join attacks on their sides.

That's it for now.

Last edited by GaloVingador; 03-13-2018 at 07:10 PM.