View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 08:51 AM   #8
BZito75
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino’s MLB The Show 18 Classic/Directional Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Going to be streaming test franchise games in the next 30-40 minutes. I will post here when I go live.

So initially thoughts playing default All-Star Hitting and HOF Pitching.
  • Incredibly smooth and balanced out of the box.
  • Fielding is amazing and ratings really shine
  • Seeing imperfect plays such as balls clipping off gloves, but staying with the play and throwing guys out. imperfect baseball....what a concept!!!
  • Hitting is simply amazing. Directional hitting has never felt better.
  • Ball trajectories and physics are refined even more from the jump we got on 17!
  • New presentation is really welcomed, new camera angles, real time replay, Derosa sounds great.

So here is what I am “feeling” right now and am going to focus on first.

Human hitting on All-Star initially feels amazing, but I have been simply raking the ball. Going to play many more games to get a sample size feel and see if I need to make All-Star slightly more difficult for the human player.

Keeping my eye on outfielders speed which right now looks great out of the box. Also infielder reaction and making sure they are all not superman and ratings really separate elite, from good from average.

Playing with injuries during games on 9 and simulation on 5.
Out of the box it definitely has that "strat o matric" feel we've spoken about. Can't wait to watch the stream.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk