View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 01:13 AM   #73
Jon Arbuckle
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For Those Who Are Not Buying MLB The Show 18, Why Not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairBolFL
2. No classic stadiums added.

You would think that to satisfy customer demand, SDS would add at least two classic ballparks to the game (perhaps Tiger Stadium and The Astrodome?). Nevertheless, this feature was overlooked.
This surprised me. No new parks to add and no retractable roofs to work on so you'd think a few new ballparks would make sense. I can only assume they were on a very tight budget and didn't want to pay whatever licensing costs were demanded. The reworked backdrops at the minor league parks are a poor substitute since those parks range from forgettable to silly.

Somehow I suspect we'll get a ballpark creator before they add more parks (not that I think a ballpark creator is coming anytime soon). But if they were to add some, I'd personally like to see some of the more attractive/interesting minor league parks get licensed and put in the game. Failing that, a complete overhaul of the minor league parks they currently have with an emphasis on mimicking real life parks would be welcome. More realistic ST parks are also needed.