Old 04-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #2
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Follow the receiver ... literally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo1980
I was playing an online game the other day. My opponent completed a sideline pass to his receiver, on the left sideline. The receiver was covered by a CPU defensive back. I did not take control of the defensive back.

As the receiver was running down the sideline, the defensive back was running parallel to the receiver, and was located slightly behind the receiver.

When my opponent did a cut to the right, going back into the field of play to prevent from being tacked while clinging to the sideline, my CPU defensive back cut to the right, at the same time my opponent did. My CPU defensive back kept his same distance, running parallel to the receiver.

My opponent cut back left.

MY CPU defensive back cut back left. With the same pace, ,and spacing, between them.

My opponent cut back right, back into the field of play.

Like they were magnetically attached, my CPU defensive back cut back right, at the exact same time, keeping the exact same amount of spacing between him and the receiver.

My opponent did this several times, and scored a touchdown.

Anyone else experience this before?
I don't see it in my games because I'm a single player gamer who doesn't play in a way that tries to take advantage of flawed gameplay mechanics, but yes there are, and have been for a very long time, serious issues with the way pursuit works in this game. When you get the right spacing and speed match ups, you will see how glaring the problem is.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.