View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 07:27 AM   #159
T4VERTS
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Rex Dickson Leaves EA Tiburon and the Madden Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Something that is interesting to me in this thread is we talk a lot about promotions and marketing from the suits at EA as well as the devs. Though they do really hype competitive tournaments an absolute ton...this past year the Bomber League also has had a few of its games streamed on EA's Twitch channel. I know franchise isn't getting the love we all feel it deserves, but I do think they at least somewhat care about the Sim audience. Maybe not as much as we'd hope. But, the legacy of what Coach Madden saw for the game is still probably there at least in spirit. I do think 19 will see a franchise update. Probably will please some people, but leave many unsatisfied. I've learned to try to throw my imagination into franchise mode as well as trying to keep moves realistic and build storylines in my head. I think I'll probably like a lot of the changes made but still crave more. It's what we all deal with. I've had a lot of fun with Madden in CFM these past two years. We can only go up from here with CFM because there's so much room to improve. But, at least the mode functions for the most part. It's just disappointing to see what an NBA 2k has in their franchise mode, or even games like FIFA or NHL that Madden just doesn't have yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
As far as the MBL games being streamed on EA twitch, it came from reaching out to a lot of different people at EA over time (months) and being flexible on when we streamed. The viewership during those games was actually pretty good, and it did lead to a lot of new people finding our channel. When we were streaming those games keep in mind Rex had basically checked out already, so the support came from others within the organization. I think there is still plenty of support for CFM inside EA, especially heading into M19, the question is beyond where do we go?

I think trying to look beyond M19 and predict CFM's role is difficult. A lot can change between now and then. E-sports of real sports doesn't look to be taking off for any game at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if they pivot off that eventually as I am guessing the financial commitment to it isn't small. I am hearing some positive things for CFM heading into next year, so hopefully a positive CFM year with positive feedback on the game build momentum to carry that on into the following release.