Old 05-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #59
Aestis
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Article on EA financials leaves little doubt what Madden 19 focus will be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
WTF happened here? lol. I'm trying to follow your logic here but I having a hard time. In the first quoted post I think you are saying because people play MUT and it's successful, that means it's good quality. I beg to differ because it's in a rigged market, MUT and the game as a whole's "success" could simply be because people feel it's better than nothing, in relation to NFL gaming.
I'm not necessarily saying it's high quality, I'm pointing out that largely speaking, the folks declaring MUT/H2H/Draft Champs/anything except CFM to be 'poor quality' aren't its target audience and are mixing up personal taste with objective quality. The MUT crowd is much, much larger than the hardcore sim crowd, and this is generally a forum for sim fanatics. So it's easy to see why this kind of groupthink takes hold, this thread is a great example: investment in MUT = proof that EA doesn't care about quality! Obviously this isn't everyone here, but a number of posts in this thread are pushing this narrative implicitly or explicitly.

In business terms, MUT players are Madden's best customers. EA has put a lot of resources into building out the experience of its best, most valuable customers.

High level, imagine that's all you knew about a company's resource investments for a given year. Think of how you'd treat this sentence if you stripped out he letters EA and had no idea it was about Madden:

"Acme Corp has put a lot of resources into building out the experience of its best, most valuable customers."

That's not something some folks on a simulation sports forum will enjoy reading when it's so much easier to vilify EA as faceless, stupid & callous "suits" who completely ignore their customer base. There are probably kernels of truth in that, I'm not necessarily a fan of EA. But the piling on here can become a completely one-sided echo chamber at times.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues