scitychamps87
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: 'Madden 19' News: Carlos Guerrero Takes Over As Senior Producer For Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This is exactly my thoughts.

This hire here doesn't scream out any football background(gaming or IRL), so, I am skeptical as well.(Rex ex-college player)

Time will tell. RPG, Esports doesn't equate to sim to me, but I'll wait and see where this goes.

I am glad that Clint has been promoted for lead gameplay designer, good for him, he keeps active after Madden is released on Twitter trying to answer questions.
Though his background doesn't initially scream football, I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about how his pairing with Clint could actually be really productive. Clint can focus best on how gameplay can replicate what he saw in the NFL while Guerrero can focus upon how to provide strategic counter weights or control balances to "check" every new feature added to gameplay. Just to give an example from a past feature as to what I mean... Think of the addition of clicking the right stick to crash zones down to counter balance the ability of QBs to scramble, or ID the Mike to counter blitzes. These are things the competitive side of the game would need to have to be an esport while still allowing the ability to implement traditionally "sim features". You can even argue the R2 jump the snap and R1 hard count are strategic checks on each other. I'd expect to see more of this.

Though, I do not believe we will see a ton of major focus on franchise so much as game play after'19 until fans flip out again over lack of franchise improvement. But, I don't think franchise will "go away". It's still one of their top played modes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--