View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #55
jfsolo
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How in-depth do you think Madden will take its archetype system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Ideally I'd like to see a hybrid progression system that is a mix of performance based and potential based. Like let's say a guy comes into the league as a QB at 75 OVR with a potential for about 81-84 to be a competitive but solid starter. If he goes out and throws for 4,000 yards and wins rookie of the year, his potential should be augmented to low 90s and he hits that low to mid 80s in year 2 because of his year 1 performance.

Unfortunately, I think XP with dev traits are how they're trying to achieve something like this right now. Hopefully, archetypes adds that ideal extra layer that I want that puts something somewhat out of my control and into the "makeup" of my player.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
This is what I expect too. The "XP must totally die in a pyre of blue flame" crowd will still be super upset, but as someone who has waved the white flag on XP ever being totally gone, a modification like this would be a welcome addition.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove