View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
Aestis
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 19 Sign-Up & Wait List

Thanks for your interest in After Work Football.

Over the past few years, AWFL has become one of the most stable & successful XB1 leagues around. The core of our league has been playing together since the start of M15 back in Aug 2014, and thanks to low turnover and strong word-of-mouth, we've been fortunate enough to stay at a fully active 32 players since summer 2016!

If you are looking to make a long-term home in one of the best, most active leagues you will ever find, please feel free to join our wait list and I will contact you when you are next up for a spot.

You may reply to this thread, send me a private message on the forums, or (preferably) join our Discord server and contact me there. Wait list / open teams will generally be granted on a first-come, first-serve basis, but preference will be given to responsive folks already in our Discord server.

Requirements:
  • Join our Discord chat server - open to anyone, great place to find sim-style friendly games!
  • Please read & accept our Rules & Info (LINK)
  • OperationSports forum member (after joining league)

Madden 19 Wait List
Updated Apr 4, 2019
  1. bondzai
  2. bowdown
  3. PuleosPowers

Features of our league include:
  • A stable league with a proven track record since M15! I'm looking for players who want a long-term, franchise-building CFM home across good & bad seasons; not someone who wants to play a few H2H games on a whim. Our group was named one of Daddyleagues' Elite Leagues for M16 and can be found as the #1 listed XB1 league on Daddyleagues' Top 20 list for M17.
  • 72 hr advances. Most weekday games expected to be played between 6-11p EST.
  • Casual time commitment but competitive in-game atmosphere--most of us are CFM vets at this point willing to teach what we know if you're new. We've gradually become a league with a lot of talent--just making the playoffs in our group is very challenging.
  • A true focus on team building in addition to playing games. We simulate every other season over the course of about a week (i.e. seasons 2-4-6). This way,we get more seasons under our belt, which rewards smart cap management, talent acquisition, and player development. This has been a huge staple of our league since we started doing it in M15.
  • Expectation is to complete 7 seasons (4 full user seasons + 3 sim seasons) with enough time to complete 9 seasons if enough hardcore folks don't want a summer break.
  • The most realistic, data-driven H2H slider set available (I'm an analytics director IRL and periodically compare league stats vs NFL to adjust sliders for the most realistic H2H gameplay Madden can provide).
  • 12 min quarters (~1:15-1:20 for a typical game) plus aforementioned realism sliders lead to a (gasp!) much greater focus on defense and field position! Play Madden the way it was meant to be played. Run the ball. Put together drives. Scoring should be difficult! Expect some defensive slugfests, a fast pass-rush. Expect punting & field position to actually matter. Expect ~115 plays per game, just below NFL #s.
  • Content! We have a few members who occasionally produce video talk shows / podcasts / articles / Twitter updates / etc. Check out our LEAGUE YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
  • Emphasis on NFL realism. It'll never be perfect, and we want to avoid unnecessary or overly restrictive rules whenever possible. But the modern NFL will be used as the baseline for the kind of gameplay I expect to see (and how sliders are created to incentivize this kind of play).
  • VERY active Discord server for league chat, trade banter, scheduling, etc.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

Last edited by Aestis; 04-07-2019 at 09:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove