View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 10:56 PM   #102
michapop9
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: More info on RPM, Zone AI, signature styles in Madden 19

I get were talking about things in a way that makes it sound way easier than actually coding it into the game itself, but I think that gets more into the root of maddens problem. Why dont we ever hear (or very rarely) about how difficult something is to program into the game with other games weve mentioned? Features, even minor ones, seem to get added that exceed most peoples expectations in one way or another and its not even mentioned on the back of the box sometimes.

Yet with madden, every single year we hear about how difficult something is to add or that because a 12 year old wouldnt understand it they wouldnt put it in. Madden NEVER leads the way in innovation or features but does with excuses and talk about how they understand what the community wants and the needs of the "sim" community are to demanding. Why is that? To me, when excuses like that are made it either sounds like a lack of resources or talent or both is to blame. With EA Tiburon, as a whole I honestly think its a lack of both.

So honestly, what we are asking may not be too terribly hard for a group of developers who have been together for 20 years and have churned out a number one best selling sports game for the past 7. But for EA Tiburon it probably is.

I just wish they wouldnt advertise their game as the most authentic sports game on the market, it just adds insult to injury.

Last edited by michapop9; 06-05-2018 at 10:59 PM.