View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 01:35 PM   #147
briz1046
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 Franchise Mode Details - Player Progression, Custom Draft Classes,

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I'm gonna take a shot at unpacking the progression system.

It seems like XP is going to have thresholds that you're looking to reach, and when you hit them the game is simply going to increase the player's overall rating 1 point within the scheme/archetype you have.

So the individual ratings will be increased enough to raise the OVR 1 point. Pretty much how Madden 12s/NCAA 14s progression worked, by reverse engineering the OVR formula on the fly.

I'm not thrilled with it, but I can see how it'll be a huge improvement over the previous system. Much easier to balance in the background. Hopefully, we'll still have control over XP awards.

Unless something's going on under the hood to mitigate it, the two huge weaknesses of the XP system (the good just keep getting better while the poor languish and never improve and not enough stats for offensive linemen to progress them as individuals rather than creating 5 or 6 super-lines across the league and the rest stuck with scrubs) are going to remain.
As I understand it you get to choose which of the 4 position archetypes to spend your skill point on , and the game adds randomly to that archetypes pertinent attributes to raise your overall 1pt

Presumably the 1pt overall rise in one archetype calculated overall may also increase you in other archetypes if the attributes overlap, which I'm guessing they must

Regardless you can choose any of the archetypes to improve, not just the one preferred by your team scheme , could have read that wrong though