Old 06-12-2018, 11:04 PM   #68
ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Play: Madden 19 Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
On QB animations presnap - having played the game at EA PLAY, my impression is that the game is too slow at the line of scrimmage right now.

I'm absolutely not a competitive player and I also probably have one of the slowest offensive tempos of any Madden gamer on this board, and even I was finding the delay between "time I call an audible / hot route" to "time I get to do something else" aggravating. Watching Tom Brady running around behind the line like a madman barking out signals looks really cool, yes, but I also want to do all the things I've been doing pre-snap in Madden for the past twenty years. That muscle memory isn't going away, there's no gameplay reason for the delay, and there's nothing I can do as a user to reduce the delay, so the end result for me is borderline frustration.

When I talked to Clint about my impression, my takeaway from him was that animations would be adjusted (wrt length and speed), but that the feature was absolutely staying in the game because the presentation of the quarterback position is especially important to the team.
Basically you want to keep playing Madden ball.

But joking aside, the bold could be false. There could be a very obvious GAMEPLAY reason for this to be in the game: to limit the amount of time people have to EXPLOIT the game. I'm quite sure that's a big reason why they did it. Especially if they are looking to go the e-sport route.

And if it isn't a reason, it's a wonderful side effect.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.