View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #95
Therebelyell626
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

The main problem that I think everyone can agree on. When it comes to innovation, especially innovation in technology things are supposed to improve not regress. People reflect on nfl 2k5 and even older maddens as the gold standard. But madden hasn't gotten better and some would even say with the introduction of CFM things have actually taken steps back.

Case in point no one with an iPhone 8 is looking back fondly wishing they still had an iPhone 1. Why? Because the iPhone 8 is a vastly better product that has maximized the technological advancements available to it. No one with a brand new state of the art Mac book is fondly looking back wishing they still made em like the DOS processor.

You could argue that these are two different cases. They are not. The PlayStation 4/ Xbox 1 are vastly superior machines to the PlayStation 2/ Xbox. So why is the product not improving? Other games are getting better. Just look at franchise staples like grand theft auto V and uncharted 4. Everyone will largely agree that these games linear progress has surpassed their predeccors.

You want to honestly tell me that it's technical limitations that is holding madden back???? Don't get me wrong madden has been improving. But has been improving at a snails pace compared to other games. This leads me to believe there really is no motivation to innovate or break from the status quo.
Advertisements - Register to remove