vannwolfhawk
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 19: The Full Interview With Producer Ben Haumiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Vann;

I appreciate your passion to help try to change Madden, many others in the past decade have had the same passion as you have. A lot of people have had your same energy and here we are. The revels start coming in around June, once the game is out, some stay a few weeks after release or more and then leave until June comes around again.

For me, it's not about being complacent at all. It's all about historical references and history, most of the times, history is a good predictor of the future.

Once EA Tibs proves me wrong, I will admit to it, but I fail to see EA Tib changing their processes.
History tells us complacency has always been a issue I get it. Every year I post a thread with my gripes/wishlists, etc. I might not frequent these forums all year long, but I’m always here June- November or December. I state my issues, read the forums, grab some things to make the game better, and try and fix things myself and for the community (gameplanning) so they can have a better experience. Shoot, I spend more time fixing things so I can enjoy playing vs the CPU in playbooks, roster ratings, etc then I do playing it half the time. Lol! But that doesn’t mean we give up and that change isn’t possible. Look at CPU gameplanning that EA finally addressed this year for the 1st time since gameplanning was put in. Why was that? It finally created a buzz with myself, sabo, and kinggro I believe with 3 Playbook threads on how bad it was. It opened the eyes of many who didn’t even know it was a simple fix and the huge difference it had for CPU AI and gameplay. That’s a positive.

2k has pretty much always been innovative, but they have really upped their game in the last 5-6 years imo. It wasn’t always as overwhelming as it has been in recent years. But they have no turnover, great leadership and vision, hire great passionate and knowledgeable guys from our community like OG, Czar, beds, and leftos to add to the depth of the game in their areas of expertise as they knew they could improve in those areas with them. They also allow freedom to be innovative and create an atmosphere of creativity. So, it’s not impossible for it to happen and EA just needs to look at it through a different set of glasses is all. Try something different. Bring the “if it’s in the game it’s in the game” back. I think the more sim and real life 2k got the better it got and more well received it got. I believe the same to be true for madden if they chose that route. The game and all modes would or could benefit...

I get it though you are content with it and realize it is what it is. I am as well to an extent, but I won’t give up and just stay quiet and think change isn’t possible either...