View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #65
El_Poopador
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19: Deep Dive Presentation Blog

I'm a little disappointed. I like the changes to the 3D elements and commentary, but the rest was pretty lackluster.

I'm still waiting on a good halftime/postgame show, complete with highlights from around the league. I know it's taboo to mention the other game, but it's been a decade and two console generations, and we still don't have a game with presentation that comes close to it.

On the replay front, they need to stop trying to make the game look like a movie. Nobody wants a movie; we want broadcast presentation. It's incredibly immersion-breaking when a replay has a camera angle that isn't possible in real life, or that would never be seen in an actual broadcast.

I would still love for them to implement fixed replay angles in the manual replay mode as well. Being able to go into a replay of choice and view it from a broadcast camera, wirecam, etc. without the need to manually move it as the play progresses would be fantastic. Or even better, implement a camera system similar to what was in the Skate games, with key frames, tripod, and follow cameras to create custom highlights.
Advertisements - Register to remove