Old 06-27-2018, 03:28 PM   #20
saintrules
MVP

saintrules's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
theres where you lose me. in 2017 Gronk had the same stats as 2015 minus 3 touchdowns. so because he caught 3 less touchdowns his ratings should be lower? catching 3 less touchdowns should lower his catching/routerunning etc? I dont agree with that logic. theres no denying Gronk is in the discussion for GOAT tight end, and right now hes still in his prime. whether he catches 8 TDs or 11 TDs, I dont see how that is enough to sway him getting a 99 or not. and whats wrong with a debatable GOAT at his position being a 99 throughout his prime? if you dont think fitting that criteria is deserving of a 99, who are you saving it for?
Let me introduce my friend, 2K ratings...

LeBron James:

2K4 – 78 overall
2K5 – 88 overall
2K6 – 97 overall
2K7 – 98 overall
2K8 – 97 overall
2K9 – 98 overall
2K10 – 96 overall
2K11 – 97 overall
2K12 – 98 overall
2K13 – 98 overall
2K14 – 99 overall and cover player.
2K15 – 98 overall
2K16 – 94 overall
2K17 – 96 overall
2K18 - 97 overall

Over the span of fifteen years, the (arguable) second best player in the history of basketball only received one total 99 OVR, which makes complete sense because heading into that season, he deserved it. He was close, many, many times, earning the nearly perfect rating of 98 a total of five times, again, deserving it, through not just his stats, but play on the court and avoidance of injuries.

I'll put it this way, Gronk, along with the current seven 99 OVR's for Madden 19, are heralded as PERFECT...PERFECT! There isn't a single point higher they can reach, how can you sit back and justify that?

The main reason I am keeping this going is because I strongly feel the ratings kill team building. Structuring teams and players with the way OVR's work in The Show, 2K, FIFA, or OOTP, is so freaking rewarding. Madden on the other hand, my only option for a professional football game, throws ratings around like it's just some small detail to the game.

Ask yourself, why do 2K, The Show, etc, all have rating scales in common, but Madden's are so far off?

Last edited by saintrules; 06-27-2018 at 03:33 PM.