Old 06-27-2018, 03:59 PM   #24
Sphinx
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Plans to Kickoff the Official Madden NFL 19 Player Ratings on June 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
If we're going to talk about how other games do things and claim those games handle ratings objectively correctly, we'd be remiss to not talk about how MLB The Show 18's representation of Babe Ruth possesses ratings well above 99 (125 Power / Contact ratings vs Left / Right, 125 Clutch, 125 Discipline, etc.). I believe several other players in MLB The Show have individual ratings above 99 as well. Madden has similarly issued ratings at and above 100 in the past, both in the default roster and in Ultimate Team, so I don't think it's necessarily true that EA is claiming OVR 99 players are "perfect".

Regardless, while I would prefer a scale which made OVR 99 "best of all time" as the rest of you describe, I obviously do not think Madden is inherently wrong for wanting their ratings methodology to focus on who are the best players in the NFL right now. It's mostly a religious argument to me at this point.

I think in a perfect world we would be able to select our preference similar to OOTP does. But, as we all know the world isn't perfect and the ratings in madden are just that, ratings in madden. They shouldn't be objectively compared to other sports games.