Old 07-02-2018, 04:13 PM   #5
SilverBullet19
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: From defense to nonexistent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2win00
I've played madden for long time and yet I would hope it bring something to relative to the defense...yes jamming the reciever helped but what about defensive assignments being missed, offensive lineman blocking like its impenetrable and the tackling is bad to the point I over pursue almost every other time. If I have my corners playing cover 2 why does it feel like they're running a cover 3 or playing man? If there's a man in your zone you defend it and play on it. Every time the A.I throwing it into the flats for RBs WRs and TEs to do what they want. The middle of the field lets the A.I TE do what they want. One shake and he lost you. As a linebacker it should of been picked but since the TE is beyond OP you can't do nothing about it. The defense either needs to go back to using the stick to get off blocks or come up with something new because timing a SQUARE or X is horrible. Even when I do get perfect timing off the snap and as I engage the oline I hit the button on time they still have a hold on me. I understand flags aren't going to be called on every play and holding happens and the ref doesn't notice it but the system itself takes all of that and plays it to its favor especially a 2 minute warning.

For years with madden this has been an issue.... the defense. It looks like it may continue to be that.
The parts in bold have to do with your skills using the controller. If you over pursue, that's on you. I have no trouble making the tackle, you just need to use a good pursuit angle. The lineman are not impenetrable by any means, I am able to shed blocks just fine. I also personally control the MLB and have no issues covering the middle of the field, if its my zone.

I don't shed blocks every time, and sometimes I blow coverage, but thats football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2win00
That's unfortunate because I remember when you could wreck havoc on the o line with the right stick but now you have to time your rushes and swim moves.
So it's more realistic now, it's tougher. You can't just blow through the line, you have to work for it. If I can manage a sack in a game using my DE, that's exciting because I faced a big challenge to get it. If you want it easier, put it on rookie settings or something.

Major Boise State fan
Advertisements - Register to remove