View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 03:37 PM   #54
YourHairlineTrash
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: So mike wang gonna change the jumpshot meter every year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I think it's gonna be a different story next year with the shooting. Some players outside of the 2k League have scrimmaged or played on the 2k League Sliders and they have been praising it. I think the shooting is going to be nerfed A LOT next year for 2k19 to possibly prepare those for the 2nd season of the 2k League. It's gonna definitely piss the community off but as long as Beluba and company don't cave in and increase percentages people will just have to deal with it. Only bad I see in this is Centers just sitting under the rim or everybody using a Slashing build due to the poor shooting percentages. 2k Should figure out a good balance between the two.

I think the best shooting balance for PRO-AM was NBA 2k16. Park was a tad bit too easy but PRO-AM was just right.

That's what everyone said going from 2k17 to 2k18, that shooting would be harder and that wasn't the case. There's no assurances that they will use the 2k18 league sliders for the retail version of 2k19, especially since the baseline has been set and shooting 80-90% on threes when open is the expectation. If someone is open they expect to make the three no matter how many they've made in a row, being open and getting rewarded with a green is now the mindset of 2k players for 2 years, I just can't see them changing that when they had the chance to correct it going from 2k17 to 18. If they wanted to get the community ready for a drastic change like that they should apply those sliders to the current game so there's no shock but that wont happen.

They need to find a balance, but that's going to be hard if they don't put limits on the size of the players. A big problem with the game is that floor spacing is way off because PGs under 6'4 and centers under 7'3 are pointless pro-am, but in the league they put a limit on the size of players by position. The speed of passes needs to increase if they want more organic & realistic shooting to come off ball movement, guys can still run around the court just chasing the ball on defense while mashing steal button. They need to increase physicallity under the rim for bigs, that would tone down the current problem in the league with the guys just standing under the rim.

Also, the court seems too small, they say it's accurate size but I've overlayed the 2k cam pics with NBA replays from the same angle and it looks off, using the backboard & rim for scale the 2k court seems too narrow.