Old 07-23-2018, 04:54 PM   #33
RogerDodger
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GameInformer Franchise article

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
I understand what your saying and get it. My thing is always going to be gameplay first and how it improves & evolves. No matter if your a CFM guy, online, offline, competitive, gameplay always has to improve or be worked on right yr in yr out. A million things could be added to CFM, open/closed roofs, different colored socks, better tweets on players, draft venues. If the gameplay stinks whats the point?For me a offline CFM guy, that to me is just fluff, might it add a few things to immersion sure. I want immersion on the field in the gameplay since thats were im going to be spending my time and not in menus for hrs.
I completely agree that gameplay is absolutely important but there's always going to be more developers dedicated to working on gameplay each year irrespective of whatever features are being worked on in the game. So long as there's somebody dedicated to authentic equipment and uniforms, there's room for every aspect of the game to be improved upon. I play plenty of other sports titles where gameplay is most important that have bells and whistles added every single year, sometimes by the hundreds, one of which happens to be EA's very own FIFA. At this point I need more than just gameplay to keep me coming back. After a handful of games of Madden 18, every single game felt the same over and over again. I got bored and the game became stale. The bells and whistles are what makes me keep going back. That's why I'm 60 games into my 162 game season in MLB The Show and loving every minute of it. And into season 4 of my 38 game season of FIFA 18.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 07-23-2018 at 04:57 PM.