Old 07-24-2018, 10:15 AM   #97
PhillyPhanatic14
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GameInformer Franchise article

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
I disagree with respect to FIFA. The fact that Madden has taken a lot of the features from FIFA shows that they are ahead of the curve. RPM was on FIFA first. Longshot was taken from FIFA. Frostbite was on FIFA first. FUT was ahead of MUT too if I recall correctly. But FIFA unlike Madden has really never had a stellar single player campaign experience. For years FIFA released a management sim title much like Madden did once with NFL Head Coach so they deliberately stayed away from developing their management single-player game. Madden had an excellent franchise mode in the not so distant past and it's really the fact they refuse to implement many of those elements now that's a key concern.

A lot of the things you mentioned are not decisions that the devs make, they are decisions that the execs at EA make. Fifa is the bell cow so it gets the new features first.

I was speaking about the career mode in Fifa and that is pathetic compared to Madden's and it has barely changed in the last four years. Madden isn't where I'd like it to be but it's got a lot of things that Fifa doesn't, most importantly online CFM that somehow Fifa still doesn't have, but in general Madden's improves much more year to year than Fifa's does.