View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
ODogg
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: They're doing these early releases wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
I agree. Its not an early release if it comes out on a Tuesday. Its just a late release for people who get it Friday.

It's really dumb. Many other games do this as well. It makes a ton more sense to release on a Friday as an early release then a Tuesday which is a traditional release anyway.
Yeah and I mean I get what the other guy above posted in regards to how it all works but right now it seems more like PUNISHING people who want to just get the standard basic version by pushing them out until Friday rather than REWARDING people who pay more to get the deluxe/premium by allowing them to get it the Friday before the standard Tuesday release.

I mean here's the bottom line, Tuesday has ALWAYS been the release day so that should be the regular version day and that should not change. The deluxe/premium should be the Friday before.
If that means moving it out one week later then fine, it's all relative anyways because no one knows release dates until studios set them.

For example with Madden, we should have gotten the HOF edition on Friday August 10th and the standard version on Tuesday August 14th.

Now, I realize that's backing it all up by a few days as opposed to how they did it but that is only because we already right now know the release dates as the 7th and the 10th.

Had they never been announced as the 7th and 10th we'd not feel like they are moving the date out a week, and the 10th and 14th would not be viewed as coming out later. This way folks who pay more could get a Friday release and feel like they got an actual reward and folks who just want the standard version would not feel as if they are being punished for not paying more.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove