Old 08-07-2018, 05:13 PM   #37
Blzer
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: James Gunn fired from GOTG 3 and future MCU projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Tendrils
Were these brought up publicly when Gunn was announced the director?
These weren't exactly "private" to begin with, but no they weren't then. There was a time before he worked with Marvel where I believe he brought them up on his own accord (I believe in an interview?), apologized for them, said he was going to move on from that kind of tweeting, and low-and-behold he did. Since working with Marvel, I don't know of a single blemish to his name from the Twittersphere.

I do not have the source at this time. This has been mentioned by others on a couple of media outlets that I saw. I just do not like that Disney is playing the card of innocence that they were completely oblivious to these tweets, and if they were then their ineptitude needs to speak much louder than this.

On the Dave Bautista thing, I wonder if Gunn himself might phone him and say: "Hey man, look I appreciate what you're doing for me, but I want this film to happen even if I'm not a part of it, and I want you to be a part of it. It would mean the world to me that my baby can be completed, and I want to see it through with Drax including into Avengers 4. Do your best to stay on the project man, I'd really love that!"
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 08-07-2018 at 05:16 PM.