View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 03:29 PM   #24
timhere1970
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Long term progression

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_0hh
The change to progression of players was necessary, as is the XP for awards such as the criteria for Pro Bowls (while it has been corrected a bit, it can still use some fine tuning).

The random (read loot box) progression will keep players from manipulating the training system as much as M18. I have no doubt Users will manipulate schemes on a weekly basis for the XP boost, but I see it being far less harmful than it was in M18. For instance, Users could change their starting DE to OLB, and train coverage every week for the extra boost XP. Since the M18 training mechanics usually split the Defense (coverage for LB & DB, run defense for DL & LB), this allowed a way around it to have DEs with 99 BSH and PMV/FMV and DBs with 91 ZCV, all while keeping their OVR to below 75 to sign cheap for 7 years at a clip. Move the studs OLB/DE to DT, draft new DE, rinse and repeat.

The "new" progression system now lets you chose a block of attributes and you roll the dice, while still getting the OVR to where it should be, and its associated salary.

My CFM usually plays with OS community settings, as a way to curb creating 99 OVR teams being created. This progression system will be interesting. I have resorted to building a progression heat map for archetypes, not so much in an attempt to figure out the algorithm, but to play the odds to get what I hope will be the stats that are common to multiple archetypes while still maintaining a scheme fit.

But then, I value versatility more than a one trick pony. I am a Patriots fan after all.
I have a drafted suerstar te (vertical threat). He is an 80 overall as tbat but a 66 blocking. i have spent his exp points on being a pass blocker. I figure this will keep his overall from increasing too fast. What i have noticed is if you pick blocking, it will upgrqde him a point as a blocker but it may also upgrade him a point as a vertical threat. I have noticed this with all positions. It is not an either or choice. It can become frustrating when trying to upgrade a player to become your scheme fit but it also keeps upgrading his highest overall also. I like it.