View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 11:54 PM   #7
maddog00003
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Slider Testing Stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog00003
I did more testing this morning, and my theory has been debunked by...Me!

I was trying to eliminate warping/route anticipation by my defenders so I was fiddling with reaction time/coverage/player speed threshold etc.

I let the CPU control Reuben Foster on my defense while I controlled another LB...With pass coverage at 75 and reaction time at 1, Reuben was with the TE but the ball consistently dunked off his helmet like he was oblivious to an incoming pass.

I put it back up to 99 and while the coverage didn't change, he saw the throw and intercepted the pass much more consistently.

So, while it was a fun theory for a minute, the slider isn't backwards!

Well, I found out what's causing warping/route anticipation/safeties who see the ball with the back of their head and sprint back to break it up.

Thanks to iMac and his work, it's HIGH MOTOR. My youtube example shows Korey Toomer going across the field to cover a TE, anticipate the route and make an INT with reaction time on 1 (where it would normally doink off his helmet). I thought he made this play because 1 was a fast reaction time, but it's actually HIGH MOTOR.

This basically breaks all-madden and makes the CPU cheap. With it turned off (and using iMac's roster and Matt10's sliders), you get great looking games with varied results where adjustments matter.

I personally also love a speed threshold of 10, makes this the most realistic NFL experience in my opinion (QB vs. DT speed, still get long runs for TDs, and actual speed counts rather than relying on algorithms and speeding up slow players).