View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 01:47 AM   #1
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Rumor: XFL part of Madden NFL 20

Seems really weird to me, but it makes sense that EA would want to aggressively defend it's strangehold on football video games.

I was searching why Renee Young replaced Jonathan Coachman on Raw last week, and found this.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/08/...-off-raw-week/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringside News
Renee Young had to fill in for Jonathan Coachman this week on Raw as he was away on assignment. He’s been away before and Booker T filled in for him. But apparently, Coach wasn’t needed for the Gold Network this time around.

Joe Peisich noted on Barnburner Radio’s Fired Up podcast said Coachman was actually absent from Raw because his services were needed for the XFL.

"“The Coach was away on assignment, yeah the assignment, he’s doing show prep for the XFL by the way. He’s the voice of that in Madden ’19.” [said Peisich- added, adembroski]

It looks like not only is Coachman working on some kind of very special assignment, but the XFL could also be a part of the upcoming Madden football game, so that’s very interesting as well.
So clearly we're dealing wresting people here rather than football people, so they're probably mixing up which Madden it would be in (I suppose EA could be planning some kind of XFL dlc, but considering cities haven't even been chosen yet, I doubt this), so I think if they did really hear anything, they're just naming the wrong year.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 08-21-2018 at 01:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove