Old 08-23-2018, 10:01 AM   #337
drseanus
Rookie

drseanus's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: iMac2307's Madden 19 Simulation Settings - Roster & Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer52
Man you got through those fast good work. I'll check them out later and can start the transaction updates.

It felt fairly smooth once I got into a rhythm. I made a little spreadsheet of which teams had roster spaces/cap space, which let me note which FAs I'd signed to which team. The facility to use LS to check player traits was also super helpful, although high motor isn't listed as a default trait in QB/K/Ps which meant I needed to manually edit all of them. I think one QB had the trait, with no kickers or punters. Oh well.

First impressions on running through the preseason with this roster (Armor & Sword sliders, Patriots offense only, 15 min quarters, simmed backup quarters) are that gameplay comes as advertised. Running plays feel smoother and less panicked. I run a zone running scheme and the O-line is a decent fit for it, and I can move the ball much easier. I'll still get blown up for losses at times, but it's much less frequent and feels earned (rather than a psychic frontside DE or a backside DE with SPD, ACC and PUR all 180). Players seem to play to their ability as well - running inside zone against Snacks Harrison was a nightmare, but I cut through some other fronts really nicely if I was patient.

Tackling feels more sensible - fewer flying bodyslams, much more of a process, with more chance for elusive runners to escape and power runners to truck through them.

Earned's a good word to use, thinking about it. Contested catches feel fairer, and I've not had a random defensive back become possessed by Ed Reed and sprint 40 yards to make an incredible and implausible interception. Coverage busts are rare.

18 thumbs up from me.