View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 09:57 AM   #2
SGMRock
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Origin Premier, Updates, and CFM

on Console the main reasons to run Online vs Offline came down faster simming Online as it uses a cloud server environment you get much more processing power when simming Online CFM. This is still true in the PC game as well. I have a Intel Core i9-7900X overclocked and the Online still simms faster than offline.

The other reason was that the Online CFM used to get some fixes before offline because EA was able to push stuff to their online CFM faster as they owned that system and didn't have to go through Microsoft XBox QA and release process first like game patches. So this always left the offline Franchise guys behind in some updates to CFM. Also in some cases they didn't even do every fix they did for Online CFM for the Offline one.

I do still prefer offline though simply because if you make any mistakes you can just reload a save. Online you are stuck with them unless you go and stand taking over other teams and reversing a stupid trade mistake like selecting your number 1 pick in the trade instead of a 5th pick or something stupid because you been playing for hours.