View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 02:30 AM   #1
justin23IU
Rookie

OVR: 1
Commentary ruining end of Super Bowl

I’m frustrated so I had to come here and gripe a little. I just played the Super Bowl as the Bears vs. the Patriots. It was an incredible game. I led 21-14 with 2 minutes left, then Brady marched his team 80 yards for the game tying score to send the game to overtime. It was vintage Brady. And the only commentary I got was “Touchdown Patriots!” I got absolutely no context or excitement about Brady doing his thing in the Super Bowl again. Ok, I guess I can overlook that, but things really fell apart in overtime...

I win the toss and end up kicking a field goal to take a 24-21 lead in overtime. The Patriots set up for their drive and then I hear this line: “We’re in uncharted waters here because no Super Bowl has ever gone to overtime.” Right, except Super Bowl 51. Ok, there’s an old line of commentary, I’ll just ignore that. Well, then it gets to 4th and 4. The Patriots have to convert to keep the game going (it would have been cool to hear some commentary saying that, but they didn’t mention it). Brady makes a short pass to Gronk who catches it, but Roquan Smith holds him up just short of the first down...the Bears win the Super Bowl on an incredibly dramatic play! And what’s the commentary I got? “And that will be a turnover on downs. The Bears will have the ball with great field position.” I went from this high of seeing such a cool ending to immediately being taken completely out of the moment by bad commentary. It’s 2018, Madden makes a billion dollars a year...certainly they have to be able to do better than this.
Advertisements - Register to remove