View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 02:13 AM   #22
onlybygrace
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 19 Trial For EA Access Subscribers Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I wouldn't freak out about the goal songs quite yet. Its not unusual for them not to be all present before the official release.

Regarding the gameplay, color me extremely optimistic about this year's game.

Many small improvements combined with the other larger changes have tightened and have probably optimized the potential with this engine on this hardware.

The skating and its effects on gameplay are substantial when added to the cold hard fact that you no longer can spam the poke check button. This allows for a more formidable cpu opponent especially when combined with their improved killer instinct during scoring opportunities.

Thankfully the heightened sensitivity to tripping calls makes you rely on defensive positioning and the new and much improved hitting system. I love that it feels rewarding to use a well timed stick check and it actually scares me when i get sloppy and have to face the CPU on the PP.

Very satisfying.

Team mate AI in the O-zone is way better IMO finding open ice and defensemen on the point are way more reliable.

The CPU no longer wastes time passing back forth in the neutral zone and prefers to push the pace. Much more engaging.

Liking the cellies. No more of that awkward crap after goals.

Im probably forgetting something but whatever...thats all ive got for now