Old 09-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #1230
Matt10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Matt10's Madden 19 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbroke
Looking forward to seeing what you find. Last night, everything felt totally different. Had been bouncing between your sliders and Fiddy's but the speed and stuff felt funny. Even had a couple of weird animations like me running a RB through the line, DL falling down, then suddenly back on his fet for the tackle...or hitting TE for a pass and the LB just standing in front of him like he is still waiting on the play to snap.
Yeah, a lot of warping and clipping. Basically, the crux of Madden (and NCAA 14 but not as much) is it is a balancing act with animations with threshold + low values. The thing is though, with Madden, is that the values even on default + 50 threshold, these kind of quirky animations remain. It's like the game keeps short-cutting the animations - like there is a lack of transition animation; such as falling up and getting back up again.

This is why I liked version 15 prepatch as it was finally smooth. Nothing quirky and nothing shorcutting. This post patch may have fixed a lot of issues, but it used shortcut animations to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cirespieler
I've been trying 0 threshold and quick receivers get a bit too open even with 100 reaction and 85 Coverage. I think your assessment that it's like -5 post patch seems about right. Gonna edge it up but been seeing some good animations with the tighter/higher pass sliders, pretty realistic. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think those sliders work correctly at default penalty but if penalties are changed they become inverted?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Essentially, yes. Penalty sliders are incredibly powerful this year, and can be used to bridge the gap in certain areas. I've learned, from this thread alone, that I need to meter out the values - to the point I am not going to use them to develop more animations, triggers, etc. It's a slippery slope, and can be difficult to ask people to use the sliders exactly - with that many values.

Pass reaction is one of those that seems to have taken an increase, as evidenced by the more aware linebackers again, but there are still moments (even on 80) that the DBs don't try to deflect, etc.