Old 09-18-2018, 03:25 PM   #4
trekfan
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 - Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
Loved this thread last year and with most people having the game now it's a good time to get the new one started.

I would like to start it with a search for help: Playing with the Pacers in year 1 and looking for a guy who can take Bogdanovics starting spot.

Detroit started kinda well and with their contracts their basically in win now mode. I would like to take Johnson from then, but it seems like Bogdanovic straight up seems a bit much.
Do you guys can think of similar players where I could land something with the Pacers? Problem is that I don't really have space, so I have to part ways with Bogdanovic or Young.
Is there any guy on a rookie contract who could realistically be traded?

Looked for Bazemore, but really don't have anything the Hawks would be interested in their situation. Could definitely need a 3 and D guy, because Bogdanovic gets killed with cuts way to often for my preferred system. Now with defense really depending on the defensive skills of a player there is a new factor for trades. But really tough to figure something realistic out right now.

This is one of my favorite threads year-to-year, good to see it back up.

Bogdanovic is a player with an expiring contract and is a pretty solid bench guy, with below average defense. If he's going to go to a team, it'll probably be one that's fine with living with his hot shooting and not so hot D.

Contenders and playoff aspiring squads are his best suitors OR tanking squads who want to unload a player on a longer contract for the immediate benefit of a short term deal and free cap space next summer.

I like the Johnson for Bogdanovic trade idea or perhaps Winslow with the Heat for Bogdanovic. Both have been disappointments in the league and both could be expensive on their next contract -- Detroit could use the shooting, even if Kennard/Bullock provides it, they don't do it nearly as well as Bogdanovic and neither are (in my opinion) long-term pieces around Drummond/Griffin. Bogdanovic could be that.

The Heat desperately need cap space freed up for next summer and don't have many draft picks to their name thanks to the Dragic trade, so trading away Winslow for an expiring might seem a bit much, but Miami needs to be as free from cap concerns as possible -- if Bogdanovic helps them tank some, that's a plus, though I think he'd improve them enough for a fringe playoff spot.