Old 09-23-2018, 01:44 AM   #1
RetroDee4Three
Pro

OVR: 0
Improved Player Movement Sliders

Hi all,

This conversation started over on this thread:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...iscussion.html

It's important that you look at the conversation in that thread, as its centered around the topic at hand. I originally started that thread just wanting to have a discussion about the player movement issues in NBA 2K19. However, I started messing with the sliders to see if I could address some of the things that bothered me, and I was really surprised. While I wasn't able to get rid of the excessive skating, sliding and floating that occurs in the game, I was able to address quite a few other areas that needed addressing.

The goal of these sliders is to improve on areas of the player movement that default sliders just don't take care of. Areas like: Speed and acceleration breaks, clunky change of direction, unrealistically slow fast breaks (With and without the ball), lack of explosion on first steps (Catch and go, and off the dribble) etc.

Here is my post from the other thread that include my slider adjustments. I've adjusted the post slightly and included an updated video with it.

I've noticed that it's not the game speed thats the problem really, it's the acceleration/speed with ball/speed attributes of players. My sliders target those areas, while also making the game speed 48 (Down two from default). Watching this video, you would never know that game speed was LOWERED, which is the best part.

This game sorely lacked life, with these sliders I was able to give it some. I am also using a mod for PC that increases the lighting in the arenas, including the crowds. Which gives it a quasi Live/2K look, that brings the game to life.

Also, because of these adjustments, the games sliding isn't as noticeable, as you feel you have more control of the players. I have had a few people try them, and they said they noticed a big difference.

Sliders are on 2K share under Dee4three Sliders (PC)

- Start with HOF as default, and adjust per my screenshots below (Or download my sliders off of 2Kshare). You don't have to start on HOF default, this works for all difficulty levels, but its what I do.

* Put your game speed at 48.

* Pass speed: 65 - Passes by default are slow in this game, causing frustrating turnovers. If you up the pass speed slider, it makes it so passing is less delayed, and the passes themselves are faster and more realistic. Players pass with oompf, like in real life.

*Body-up Sensitivity:0 - This being at 0, cuts down on the "Invisible Wall" issue a tad, but also stops excessive slow motion side by side movement that occurs in the game. Because of this, your first step and dribble move matter more, and players feel more explosive. This is also supposed to cut down on the "being sucked in"

*Jump Shot defense strength gather and release: 40 - Lowering this to 40, makes it so if you have the appropriate space to hit a shot, you are not forced into a wild miss. This allows you to play more realistically when blue sky is present for a shot.

* Acceleration: 65 This seems to cut down on the speed breaks/sluggish play that happens. Players have a quicker and more realistic first step/catch and go, and are more explosive off the dribble.

* Speed: 57 Just as it's advertised, it's supposed give the game a more real life NBA action feel, as well as cut down on some of the speed breaks.

* Speed with ball/acceleration with ball: 75/50 ratio - Players in 2K19 run up and down the floor unrealistically slow, and fastbreaks are extremely underwhelming with the defaults of 70-30 ratio. This makes it so fastbreaks have more realistic speed from the ball handler, and combining the this with speed and acceleration increases for off ball players, the fastbreaks are more fun and realistic.

Here is a video of me playing as the Wizards against the Timberwolves. This is HOF difficulty as a base, with my enhanced player movement sliders. OS user mrwrestling3 really loved these sliders, but also wanted to add sim sliders to go with them. Of course, I welcomed this, as combining a nice sim slider set with improved player movement could possibly give us a complete sim experience. Him and I discussed some tweaks after both of us doing some testing, so those are included here. Thank you to him for coming on board.

NOTE: I played this game with 8 minute quarters

Inside Shot Success- 45
Close Shot Success- 45
Mid Range Success- 45
3pt Success- 44
Layup Success- 45
Pass Accuracy- 60
Contact Shot Success- 44
Ball Security- 60

Driving Shot Contact Frequency- 70
Inside Shot Contact Frequency- 70
Layup Defense Strength(takeoff) - 40
Steal Success- 40

Hustle- 65
Hands- 40
On Ball Defense- 40
Stealing- 40
Defensive Awareness- 65
Lateral Quickness- 45

Throw Alley Oops - 47
Play Passing Lanes- 30
Go For On Ball Steals- 30
Contest Shots-60

Over The Back Foul Frequency- 75
Charging Foul Frequency- 80
Blocking Foul Frequency- 80
Reaching Foul Frequency- 80
Shooting Foul Frequency- 80
Loose Ball Foul Frequency-80

For my player movement set, it works for any difficulty level. It's designed to give you the user more control over the action, pick up the pace overall in order to make the game look and feel more realistic, and to help with areas like invisible walls/speed breaks.

I personally have on ball defense at 50, but I agree with him that 40 is also sound. Both of our slider numbers are for user and cpu, so make sure you adjust them that way.

I've had some great feedback on these sliders here and on the NLSC. They may not be for everybody, but they addressed many of the issues I had with the game, as well as many others. Please look at the conversation that we had over on the other thread.

My biggest problem with the game now is the excessive skating/sliding/and floating that was introduced when the new motion system was put in place for NBA 2K18. In past games on this gen, there were obviously instances of skating, but it wasn't excessive. I made these videos to demonstrate what I am talking about.

Again, I understand instances of skating/sliding, or even floating. But it's excessive in this game, and it can be seen and felt often. With my player movement sliders, I feel that I was able to game a better overall feel, so the skating doesn't bother me as much as it did. However, hopefully some foot planting is implemented in NBA 2K20.

Mrwrestling3 is on PS4: He combined my player movement sliders and the sim sliders, they are downloadable using the following info.

Filename = BetterMovementAllSt (yes i ran out of space to type allstar)
PSN = barncore33

I play on PC. I only have the player movement part uploaded right now (With HOF sliders as the base, they are under:

File name: Dee4three Sliders.

So you guys know. I have been playing basketball video games since Double Dribble and Jordan vs Bird, and have owned every 2K and Live since 2K and EA started making them. I love basketball gaming, and I really wanted to enjoy 2K19 this year, because 2K18 was a major let down for me. I am able to truly enjoy it now with these slider tweaks.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

UPDATE: 09/29/2018

I've been experimenting more with the sliders, trying to combine the areas I mentioned here that are the most important. This slider set takes two forms, one (Which will be the main set) is more to challenge you against the CPU, and in order to hold them to realistic shooting percentages, you will have to play sound defense. The second set is tailorer around a more loose approach, and the more loose approach is having the CPU offense sliders match the user sliders.

*Game Speed: 48

For User, everything else is the same but the offense section at the top. Here are those sliders.

*Hidden is contact shot success, which should be at 48

I'll state again: If you want to relax the gameplay a bit, keep all the sliders the same but change the CPU offense (top section) to the User sliders from that section.

And, if you want a better challenge than both options above, do HOF shooting for CPU and User, while keeping the other sliders the same.

I'm on PC: You can find the sliders under Dee4three Sliders

Last edited by RetroDee4Three; 10-09-2018 at 10:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove