View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 09:53 AM   #8
Erithtotl
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: MyCareer gameplay is atrocious

This year the myCareer gameplay is a lot different when it comes to perimeter. You don't get the huge blowbys that were part of 2K18, and defenders get stuck on picks less frequently and switch when picked much more often.

For lower ball handling shooters, the pick and pop is the ultimate play. For fast ball handlers, you need to run your P&R very fast, or speed boost out of it. Even then you won't get the clear separation and open dunk that was common in 18, but contested shots are easier to make. For my 6'4" playmaking sc, my goto is call for a pick & roll, then, as the pick is approaching, if my man jumps out to pressure me (Which he usually does), I do a pull back followed by a momentum dribble / speed boost which is enough to get my man to hit the pick. It's very hard to beat your man straight up, though if you have a mismatch it can be done, just be ready to reset if you don't make any progress, because you can't just count on the blowby animation kicking in.

Also, your AI teammates play much better if you let them run the offense. If you constantly do your own thing you are going to find they are all reduced to idiots.