Old 09-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #6
antdroid
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football PS2 & PSP :: 2018-19 Rosters & Mods Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinbw
Amazing work you did here! GREAT JOB on getting these updated for PS2 & PSP!
----------
In your notes you stated you ported this from my NCAA 13 roster conversion. I had some problems making the NCAA 13 roster work in dynasty mode, So is the Dynasty bug you mentioned related to the same problems in that roster.
(2 days ago, I managed to fix the dynasty issues in that roster a little bit more. Problem was related to some of the Excel columns of data from NCAA 14 in the Coaches or Teams data. So I think I fixed NCAA 13 dynasty issues now by using the previous years files as base.).
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...5&postcount=46
----
However I plan to update all of my rosters NCAA 14 & 13 later today/tomorrow. So if you are using NCAA 13 as a source, then maybe you can wait for my next update first before fixing your roster...If not no problem. -- my next update may not be ready till Tuesday.

*Next major NCAA 14/13 update (9-24-18) will include:
Spoiler

-------
Hi,

The Dynasty file I create is totally my own and not ported over. I basically take the roster update, and port that over directly to PS2 using my excel macro tool I made and NCAA Dynasty Editor (which I use to export the PS3 data to csv)

The macro takes all the PS3 attributes, names etc, and converts each to the format PS2 uses. There's a ton of math involved where attributes are different and player models, skins, faces accessories etc are not 1 for 1. Took me over a year to get the tool properly working for everything in the game.

Then from there, I have to go in and manually update the depth charts. I can't just port over the depth charts from PS3 because for whatever reason some of the games on PS2/PSP dont like it even though its similar in formatting. For this, I typically just auto-reorder and edit anything that I know looks off.

Then from there, I have to create a new dynasty, and immediately save it. I then pull the roster and depth chart from this dynasty and import it into an already created dynasty save I have from previous years.

I do this so I dont have to go redo as much of the leg work I already did in the mod. The dynasty mod required a lot of manual adjustments of data in the save file using spreadsheets and manual changes within the DB Editor tool. I recently rebuilt a new dynasty save but found out my Schedule and Bowl game databases didnt match each other, so I'm trying to fix that later today.

Each year, I end up redoing it from scratch though it wasnt really the intent lol. But some of the stuff like Heisman, coaches, pre-season all americans, magazine covers and articles, and rankings need to be remade anyway.

The most time consuming is rankings.

Anyway, I wish I could just port over coaches, but I cant. The playbook numbers are not the same. Many are, but there are more generic playbooks in the PS3/360 gen than in the PS2 so if it reads a playbook that isnt available, all hell breaks loose in the game. Funny things happen. They default to special teams lol.

I am able to port over coaching tendencies and other things though.

Once I have the dynasty mods made, and the rhythm going, updating the rosters should take about an hour or so after that. The PS2 ones are a piece of cake. The PSP ones take more time because of encryption and other finicky nuances.