View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 03:23 AM   #378
laflame
Rookie

laflame's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

Was having fun with my Nets rebuild (most of the work is already done for me by Marks and co) until we played the Knicks. Kristaps played the ENTIRE game (all 48 minutes) and suffered no ill effects seemingly, even Lebron rest for like a minute of a time.

Guy shot 60% from the field and hit contested shots all night, even when the Knicks trailed by 20 in the 4th quarter Fizdale refused to sit the franchise player. Kind of killed immersion for me but whatever.

My goal for this season is to find landing spots for D’loading, Hollis-Jefferson, Carroll, Harris and Faried’s expiring. Open to taking back long term salary provided there’s picks attached, I think the team as currently assembled (although it’s especially heavy on the wings and has little depth at the 4 and 5 spots) can make the 8th seed but the chase would be fooled gold.

Want to bring back Dinwiddie on an affordable contract (obviously open to bringing back all of the aforementioned sans Harris and Faried if it’s a good enough deal) and build around Levert who has been killing it as a Swiss Army knife off the bench. Want to mold him into a point forward that can guard at least four positions and put guys like Hollis-Jefferson (6’6-6’9) with jumpers around him. Maybe bring in Clint Capela to man the middle if Jarrett Allen struggles to add strength.

Kind of use Levert like a Scottie Pippen and kill teams on the fast break, hoping that these first two season wins aren’t indicative of a trend that keeps us from drafting our own Jordan.

Last edited by laflame; 09-26-2018 at 03:30 AM.