Home

Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-26-2018, 12:59 AM   #377
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6
Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Absolutely, was actually really satisfying when the offense started to sputter, I'd just give Mitchell the ball, call ISO for him, and let him go to work. Feels strangely great not having to control every single thing, just play a role and let the game do its thing because AI seems to be pretty solid this year

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2k18 I got through eight seasons with the Suns with Devin Booker and Anthony Davis completing my “Big 3.” Seeing the Warriors in the playoffs pretty much every season was stressful. Can’t wait to get further in with the Raptors this year and see what rivalries happen in the east.

In the past without player lock the game was just a bit too easy when it came to playing the cpu (unless it was on HOF and I’d have to cheese to win).Playing just controlling one person adds so much more variables to the table where I can lose without feeling cheated by some BS.

Tip to really keep it moving - Play the first quarter and then simcast to the fourth and jump in. Having to mount a comeback and pulling it off is super rewarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by BaselineBakes; 09-26-2018 at 01:02 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:23 AM   #378
Rookie

laflame's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

Was having fun with my Nets rebuild (most of the work is already done for me by Marks and co) until we played the Knicks. Kristaps played the ENTIRE game (all 48 minutes) and suffered no ill effects seemingly, even Lebron rest for like a minute of a time.

Guy shot 60% from the field and hit contested shots all night, even when the Knicks trailed by 20 in the 4th quarter Fizdale refused to sit the franchise player. Kind of killed immersion for me but whatever.

My goal for this season is to find landing spots for D’loading, Hollis-Jefferson, Carroll, Harris and Faried’s expiring. Open to taking back long term salary provided there’s picks attached, I think the team as currently assembled (although it’s especially heavy on the wings and has little depth at the 4 and 5 spots) can make the 8th seed but the chase would be fooled gold.

Want to bring back Dinwiddie on an affordable contract (obviously open to bringing back all of the aforementioned sans Harris and Faried if it’s a good enough deal) and build around Levert who has been killing it as a Swiss Army knife off the bench. Want to mold him into a point forward that can guard at least four positions and put guys like Hollis-Jefferson (6’6-6’9) with jumpers around him. Maybe bring in Clint Capela to man the middle if Jarrett Allen struggles to add strength.

Kind of use Levert like a Scottie Pippen and kill teams on the fast break, hoping that these first two season wins aren’t indicative of a trend that keeps us from drafting our own Jordan.

Last edited by laflame; 09-26-2018 at 03:30 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #379
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executioner042
I’ve always done something similar to this. Usually I’ll select the 29-32 game option (varies depending on how many teams you add). As much as I would like to play a full 82 it just takes too much time.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Dont forget you can play 4 minute quarter lengths, to get more games done and then do "normalize to real stats" to make the stats realistic. Thats if you wanna play the full season. You probably knew this but just an idea.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:14 AM   #380
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
What all results are you seeing that's off ? It def seems like some teams are destined to win or lose regardless of talent
Im not in front of my system as we speak, but i noticed the celtics are usually the 5-8 seed, the spurs struggle to make the playoffs, the lakers are usually either the 8 seed or out of the playoffs, I've had the nets make the playoffs, milwakee struggles to make the playoffs. I did an expansion GM (continuing the saga) and i made a team from Vegas. We had Lebron and mid 70's players, we started 33-3 and finished with i believe over 60 wins. Its hard to "rebuild" expansion teams, or even bad teams when they make the 8 seed with horrible rosters etc.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:46 AM   #381
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Am I just over looking the pre existing injuries option or has it not been updated yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 08:54 AM   #382
Banned

Quote:
Am I just over looking the pre existing injuries option or has it not been updated yet?
I believe its titled "use roster injuries" instead of "preexisting injuries" try that. Because roster injuries are injuries that i think have already occurred. I turn that off and no players are injured at the beginning of the GM/My league
Old 09-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #383
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb6
I believe its titled "use roster injuries" instead of "preexisting injuries" try that. Because roster injuries are injuries that i think have already occurred. I turn that off and no players are injured at the beginning of the GM/My league
Quote:

I don't even know if injuries are accounted for in the current rosters. Check Boogie Cousins and Porzingis, both should be out.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #384
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
I don't even know if injuries are accounted for in the current rosters. Check Boogie Cousins and Porzingis, both should be out.

The official roster doesn’t come out until the season starts. That one will have the injuries updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »