Home

Teammate grade needs to actually matter going forward

This is a discussion on Teammate grade needs to actually matter going forward within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2020, 06:51 AM   #1
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Teammate grade needs to actually matter going forward

There is no punishment for being a baby in cooperative modes of 2k. Want to stand in the key for an off 3 in the key every possession to get a turnover? Or not play any defense? Or call all your teams timeouts in a row? “Sure why not” says 2k.

I pretty much only play player control Play Now Online because I’ve finished the Team Control gauntlet completing GOAT tier. Without fail there will always be at least one teammate who is not interested in playing with others and is there to just shoot it whenever they touch the ball, force any CPU teammates to pass it to them at all times (your open AI could be about to dunk and dudes will spam pass) etc. They usually quit before the game ends but they’re free to join more games and continue on.

The only recourse we have is getting on mic and trying to shame your own teammate into playing properly or quitting the game.

Please make 2k21 and future titles match make based off of skill level (combination of win percentage and average teammate grade) rather than availability. Let the selfish teammates play with each other and let the smarter players play with and against each other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2020, 01:26 AM   #2
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Teammate grade needs to actually matter going forward

Barring a complete mismatch at center or point, the team that is unselfish usually blows the other out.

I love player control and it is the only way I play 2K these days.

Those games were you get 3-4 great teammates are like crack to me. Today me and a single SG got the W against an entire human team because at the half that moment happened where we both trusted each other. PnR at the wing and we went on two dozen point runs to win the game by 3

I dont think 2k will tighten the teammate grade any more; most people dont want to run a set they want to mash the paint.

Last edited by MakePostGreatAgain; 03-29-2020 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:39 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Teammate grade needs to actually matter going forward

It's really really bad in myplayer modes. Used to be you actually had to pay pretty close attention or get kicked. Now I've seen guys go 3-17 with 10 turnovers and their man puts up 35 points and they don't get kicked. I complained about this early in the year and people said they didn't want to go back to the way it was. But after you've played in dozens of games where someone starts griefing and intentionally standing in the paint or shooting terrible shots every time, and they still don't get kicked, I can't believe you'd defend how it works now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »