Home

Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 07:41 PM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k19 MyLeague/MyGM Thread

Is anybody having the issue where really good teams do bad and really bad teams do good when simulating the season? My first season in my league, the Celtics missed the playoffs (Kyrie and Gordon missed 23 games combined) and the Hawks made it to the conference finals and lost in 6 games to the Raptors.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:11 PM   #370
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Easily my favorite way to play. Watching how the league progresses through the years is awesome, especially when you see big booms or busts through the draft that ultimately take a rebuild to the Finals. Playing game at a macro level is much more satisfying, again, for me personally.

I've never considered turning trading off, but that's actually an interesting idea. I dislike seeing the CPU make one sided trades, especially when it comes down to it's lack of understanding what point the franchise is in (rebuilding, growing, or peaking). Even more so, I hate seeing guys who should be franchise guys, get traded.

Cool beans.
In all honesty, in my mind, in a perfect world for me, trading would be abolished in the real NBA. I think it'd help balance everything out if everyone just built through the draft. I feel like there would definitely be more one franchise players and I always really liked the players that stuck around on one team for their whole career. In that world, if one wanted off a team bad enough, they could simply sign with another team once their contract was up.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:20 PM   #371
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Actually think I'm going to do a Player-lock MyLeague. Just ran a game to test it out with Rubio, had so much fun setting up the offense and running in transition. Finished with a near triple-double of 14, 8, and 10. Cuts total game time down, too. Instead of just over an hour, each game would only take roughly 30-40 minutes.

Provides a more sim experience for me. Feel like if I control the whole team, it just gets boring to me steam-rolling teams unless I put on Real Player %, but then I feel like I miss out on actually "playing" the game because I wouldn't have any user input on jumpers

Really leaning toward a Jazz MyLeague with Rubio Player-Lock now

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee

Last edited by JazzMan; 09-25-2018 at 10:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 11:30 PM   #372
Rookie

I would like to start MyLeague using the historic draft classes but i dont like to have duplicate players. Will there ba an official roster for the past seasons? Sorry for bad english.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:40 PM   #373
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickeeFingaz
So I asked this in another thread and never got a reply.

Where do you find other scores around the league in MyLeague? I can't seem to find it.

On the calendar when u go to play a game just choose daily view and it will bring up all the games played on that day, as well as the stats if you click the games that have already been played

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-26-2018, 12:23 AM   #374
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Actually think I'm going to do a Player-lock MyLeague. Just ran a game to test it out with Rubio, had so much fun setting up the offense and running in transition. Finished with a near triple-double of 14, 8, and 10. Cuts total game time down, too. Instead of just over an hour, each game would only take roughly 30-40 minutes.

Provides a more sim experience for me. Feel like if I control the whole team, it just gets boring to me steam-rolling teams unless I put on Real Player %, but then I feel like I miss out on actually "playing" the game because I wouldn't have any user input on jumpers

Really leaning toward a Jazz MyLeague with Rubio Player-Lock now

Player lock myleague is the best thing I’ve ever done. Have played this way for the last two years. It really keeps things interesting not being able to control everything.

This year more so than ever your teammates are fun to sit back and just watch. I created a PG and put him on the Raptors, watching Kawhi just take over offensively and defensively is mesmerizing. I’m all in, you won’t regret playing this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-26-2018, 12:33 AM   #375
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
Player lock myleague is the best thing I’ve ever done. Have played this way for the last two years. It really keeps things interesting not being able to control everything.

This year more so than ever your teammates are fun to sit back and just watch. I created a PG and put him on the Raptors, watching Kawhi just take over offensively and defensively is mesmerizing. I’m all in, you won’t regret playing this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely, was actually really satisfying when the offense started to sputter, I'd just give Mitchell the ball, call ISO for him, and let him go to work. Feels strangely great not having to control every single thing, just play a role and let the game do its thing because AI seems to be pretty solid this year

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 12:47 AM   #376
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintrules
Easily my favorite way to play. Watching how the league progresses through the years is awesome, especially when you see big booms or busts through the draft that ultimately take a rebuild to the Finals. Playing game at a macro level is much more satisfying, again, for me personally.
100% this for me too.

The most fun i have with this game is creating fictional draft classes and watching them develop within the league from a macro level. Watch the league create history. I couldn't really do that last year (crappy CAP, buggy ML), so i think this is the year to finally scratch that itch like i used to do in 2k12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »