Old 10-05-2018, 09:03 AM   #31
georgiafan
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Atlanta Hawks 2k19 "Trusting The Process Again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyN
Hopefully your dynasty isn't predictive of what's about to happen IRL haha, but at least you're going to have some good picks to work with.

Are you planning on keeping John Collins around for the long run? I think he's one of the most underrated and fun to watch players at his position. I hope the Hawks can hold onto him.
Yea hopefully it will be a few more wins then 2 & 21 in real life to start. Collins def had a quiet great rookie year for the 19th pick. He looks like he has taken his game to the next level in summer league with his jumpshot. He is a good athletic rim running big and I still need to use him more to see if its possible he can play the 5 or just a 4.

Ideally I am keeping at least one of Collins and Prince and I will try to keep both. Collins should be easier to keep as his extension will be a year later then Prince. If i am already over the cap when it comes time to sign Collins I will do that and should get him for somewhere in the 15 million per year range. The Issue will be if i get into a spot where signing Collins will prevent me from bringing in someone else. If i had to predict I would say Collins will end up as like my 5th starter once I rebuild my team. I am thinking about sending Collins to untapped potential this summer as I believe he is maxed out at B now. Hopefully that will allow him to get up to the 85 range in overall.

I am also planning / hoping the two other rookies develop enough where I can keep them as solid bench players for the whole dynasty. That way I have atleast 4 players that see playing time that's on the original roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolePlayer
Seesh 2 and 21, this sure is a learning year for these young guys. Young is playing out of his mind though.
Yea Youngs putting up huge stats so its looking like a 20 point a game rookie year. My skill level is improving it might not show up on the record just yet however I'm competing and even winning some games now when I jump into them now.

I'm trying to go a little slow year 1 and see if any roster updates or major trades happen before I start season 2. I am def ready to get to the offseason and season 2 where the fun will pickup with at least one high profile rookie. I am still enjoying season 1 despite the awful record just part of "trusting the process"

I will start up the rookie player previews today
Advertisements - Register to remove