View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 11:02 AM   #21
Rayzaa
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I personally think Madden 19 is more authentic than football games of past generations, what with:

- more and more accurate player likenesses
- more and more accurate equipment options
- higher fidelity stadiums
- (limited) unique game conditions and presentation video / SFX per-stadium
- authentic NFL run blocking schemes (esp. power / inside zone / outside zone)
- authentic NFL run defenses (run fits, gap assignments, force / cutback assignments)
- authentic NFL pass defenses (pattern matching zones, esp. Cover 4 Quarters this year)
- teaching tools to educate users how to appropriately read multiple-route progressions when executing passing plays on offense
- more authentic pre-snap gameplay mechanics (ID The Mike, hot routes more take time to call, etc.)
- more player ratings to more accurately represent each player's talents
- weekly roster updates
- weekly live season data updates (and by accessory weekly franchise start points)

It'd be a cool touch to have the chain gang back, absolutely. However, adding the chain gang isn't going to magically make Madden the game you want it to be, and I don't think you are giving it enough credit for how authentic it already is relative to past generation games.

Specific to ball spot issues, I personally haven't noticed anything unusual this year. I'm playing as the Cowboys, though, and they have one of the strongest offensive lines and running backs in the game.
Equipment options don't either but you seem to think it makes it more authentic. Player ratings aren't that different imo, they just added scheme fit which don't really do anything special.
I don't care about the chain gang. If they say it is short why bring them out just to show it is short? I'd skip over that.
There are other things that still need to be done to make this better like fixing relocation. Fix the unneccessary juking.
Now they have top QBs falling in the draft. That isn't what we wanted. We just wanted for teams that already had top pick young QBs to not still be picking them and fix other areas instead. So imo they made that worse.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 11-05-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove