View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 05:21 PM   #36
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
Ratings don't matter nearly as much as they should, because this game isn't built upon physics, but upon animations (which is the worst way to make this kind of game, by the way). That's why 5'5 cornerbacks can jump high enough to knock the ball out of a 7 foot receivers hands. Even though that would never actually happen. Ratings/height/weight don't matter nearly as much as they should. And ratings barely matter as it is.
Agree with a lot of your stuff, but will agree to disagree with you on this. The only part I agree with is the warping of the 5ft 5 CB, otherwise, ratings do matter. at least in my CFM games ratings matter.

I think that is where the disparity lies, people are using different settings, traits, sliders ,etc... difficulty levels and announce, "ratings don't matter."

All I need to look at is for the OL/DL battles that go on in my CFM to tell whether ratings matter.

To say the barely matter is a false narrative in my opinion and I know I'm not the only one to share that opinion.