Old 12-01-2018, 04:28 PM   #43
DeuceDouglas
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 19 - November Gameplay Tuning Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I need a bit more time with it, but I'm not 100% sure I love this update. Thank goodness it's in a play call file that I can delete.

I like the stamina thing, mostly, though I wish the whole Madden approach to fatigue were different.

What I don't like is that I saw more skating in coverage and warping plays on the ball (super diving swats and warp picks) than I'd seen immediately prior to the tuner.

Am I alone in that?
I've only played 3 games post patch so not a huge sample size but one thing that was immediately noticeable for me was how "loose" the game feels now. It's weird because on one hand, I'm really liking how its playing and how fluid it feels but at the same time some of the stuff that happens looks really odd and like any kind of physics/momentum/foot planting has gone right out the window. I had to check that my settings didn't switch to very fast game speed because it almost seems like certain animations are on double speed.

Seeing a lot of stuff like this:

via Gfycat

where foot planting is just non-existent and it feels like the animation is forced into a situation rather than something occurring naturally.

And then the above is what I mentioned with the loose feeling. That's Derrick Henry, the antithesis of an agile back just weaving around at pretty much full speed. In the three games I've played it feels like every player is moving at full speed at all times and like there really is no acceleration.

Also, the CPU running game is still really, really rough.