jpfine
Pro

jpfine's Arena

OVR: 0

Chambers sets suspension for Lane, Cox

Adam Rittenberg, ESPN Senior Writer
September 9, 2013
-------------------------------------------
Mount Pleasant, MI - Roughly two weeks after sophomores Matt Lane and Brandon Cox were arrested for drunk driving and underage drinking, and promptly suspended indefinitely, Coach Chambers has announced that both will carry out a 12-game suspension, including the two games they have already missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Michigan HC Andrew Chambers
As I said before, I am extremely disappointed in this two boys. They should have known better than to do this. I expect a lot out of my players and I feel that this suspension is sufficient.
A 12-game suspension means that both players will miss the entire regular season. The only possibility that these two players could get some playing time is if the Chippewas make it past the regular season to the postseason in a playoff way.

Both players issued a statement to the coaching staff and the team for Central Michigan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Michigan HB Brandon Cox
I would like to apologize to Mr. Heeke, Coach Chambers, Coach Wade, Coach Miller and the rest of the Central Michigan football program. What I did was a mistake that never should have happened and I believe I have been punished justly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Michigan SS Matt Lane
I apologize for my actions and for the mistake that I made on August 25. I should have known better than to carry out such a careless act. I hope I can gain the forgiveness of those I have hurt.
Cox has, reportedly, finished his community service, while Lane has two more hours to participate in.

Last edited by jpfine; 12-18-2018 at 06:26 PM.