View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #1007
schnaidt1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 19 Sliders (for CFM Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
First of all, I meant no offense when stating to 'check your settings'. You're right that it's a pretty easy setup to implement. It's just engrained in my head to always say that There is also a prevalent issue where a lot of people report issues then say, "well I just changed X since it is just a preference" when in-fact, I do not consider it a "preference" at all....I know you know better, but it is also a reason why I continue to point it out.

So....let's move away from that and talk about your observations. The reality is that I too have games like the one you referenced (I nearly always get gashed by 'Robo Rivers', I have games where my QBs are on-target, I have games where there is a deluge of injuries). I have many other games where it's the total opposite (I hold QBs to 50% passing, or have no injuries, or my QB can't hit the broad side of a barn). Having a couple of games here and there like the one you had doesn't bother me. Now if you told me that you had the same issues for 8-10 games in a row....then I'd start diving into other factors (roster, how the CFM was set up, play style differences, and so on). Please correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe that you have built-up that much sample size yet.

The very strength of this setup (from what I have experienced) is that every game is different. Now, that also means you have to "trust the settings" and you "let it roll" when you have games like this. I'll say this too, the Bills are AWFUL, I got man-handled in plenty of games in Year 1 just like you did in yours....that's part of the fun!
oh I took no offense. lol just making sure u knew I was 100% op

I had no belief I would win the game.. but I did make a few trades and my defense is a 83 ovr.

3 games..1 vs Lamar Jackson and 2 verse rivers and I've given up 40, 37, 40... and is because when I get the cpu in 3rd and long if I play coverage,I get 0 pass rush and qb tears apart any zone defense. man coverage is much better... but if u play man coverage he has all day and will find someone... and always does. if I blitz he always gets rid of it to the open check down who picks up the 1st down.

Lamar Jackson completion percentage was much better... but still couldn't get my defense off the field.

I'm perfectly fine with user offense struggling. my oline is bad...my wrs are average. scoring points should be difficult and require excellent playcall and execution.

I guess I just got infuriated at cpu picking up several 3rd and 15 or more because zone doesn't work and the robo qb feeling.

user passing percentages look great... but it's because of pass deflections and INTs...not off Target throws.

if the user defense could create the same pass break ups or deflections I'd be happy. but I don't get any.

after trades my offense is a 74 over but defense an 83. so my defense isn't bad..

getting out of the game to 5 inuries to starters that were 2 for 5 weeks, 1 for 6, 2 for 8 weeks... and already have McCoy out for 4 weeks...

down 6 guys 2 games in....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w