View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 12:44 AM   #1
MLB14
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0
Me and Fight Night Champion (PS3)

I feel kinda dumb for this, but I think information can be extracted from this story, so here it is.

Last week, I bought a used PS3 basically to play the Fight Night series. I bought Champion years ago from the PS Store, so I downloaded it, installed it.. when I loaded it, it was taking a pretty long time to retrieve info from the servers, so I figured since the game is goin' on 8 years old, the servers were shut down.

In my spare time for a week, I tinkered with sliders, boxers tendencies and frequencies, trying to get a realistic result while playing the CPU on GOAT difficulty. No matter what I changed, I could always bully my way in with a lazy jab and dominate the CPU AI. Even after I balanced it somewhat, the AI barely won any rounds. It was obviously flawed. It was extremely easy. I couldn't lose on GOAT. Fight Night Round 2 had more difficult AI.

Also, I had to lower the cuts and swelling down with a drastic method per boxer to get realistic visual damage.

Then tonight comes.. and I'm reading threads about FNC from like 7 years ago. Someone mentioned a "tuner set" but you have to be online to be prompted to download it.

So about 2 hours ago, I connected to their servers and was prompted to download the tuner set. It made player vs AI like 10 times better. GOAT is actually difficult. Judges score rounds more accurately. I didn't have to drop the cuts and swelling per boxer as much.

I'm very surprised at how much the last tuner set balanced / changed this game! Before I downloaded this tuner set, I had to lower the boxer's punch frequencies to 1/10th what their default values were to get them to throw more realistically.
It seems to still needd per boxer tweaking and heavy slider adjustments anyway.

Last edited by MLB14; 12-14-2018 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove